Monday, September 19, 2011

What's for dinner tonight....Taco Soup!!!

It's Monday again...are you serious?? Wasn't it just Friday eve?? At any rate, here we are and it's almost 5:00pm...What's for dinner??

Tonight, is one of my favorites. This good ol' recipe was given to me by my friend, Whitney, about a year ago. When I gave birth to little Mollie, my friend, Rita brought this delicious dish to my house and it made all my C-sections pains go away (well, maybe with some extra strenght Tylenol). And then, at my son's baseball game last spring, I had ANOTHER friend talk about this soup....So, all that being said, this is some goooood soup. It's not really soup though, I must say. It's more like really good, meaty nacho dip. We eat it in a bowl with those scoop nacho chips. It's also good on top of a salad to make the best taco salad you've ever had :) Here's the original recipe I got a year ago:

Taco Soup

1 pound of lean ground beef
1 16 oz can black beans
1 16 oz can dark red kidney beans
1 16 oz can sweet yellow corn (you can also use fresh or frozen)
1 24 oz (the larger size) petite diced tomatoes
1 packet of powder taco seasoning (I use the Taco Bell kind)
1 packet of powder ranch seasoning

Brown your ground beef in a large stock pot (if you do this, you'll have everything in one pot). Once it's browned, add in your seasonings, tomatoes, beans and corn. Mix it all together and cook on low until everything is all simmering and blended. You can add water if it's a little too thick for you. I like it kind of thick...it scoops better that way :) Top with cheese, pico de gallo, salsa, sour cream or southwestern chipotle ranch dressing...YUM!

It's Monday...it's almost 5:00...make this and save yourself!! Have a good night ya'll :)

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking it was time to make this again! So good, and always better the next day! :) Happy Monday, Jenna! :)

    ReplyDelete