Thursday, September 29, 2011

*UPDATE* What's for dinner tonight...Chicken Casserole...I did it!!

Ya'll...I did it. I made a new recipe and it wasn't terrible...it was actually delicious and one of the best things I have ever made. I can't believe it. I'm in shock. I usually make new things and they taste like I left out the main ingredient. Well, not this time. Even Will (who came home for a second between appointments), had a bowl and said, "Jenna...this is good. This is reallllll good. Don't forget how to make this." That's an A+ in my book :)

Here's the updated recipe because I changed it so much from Paula Deen's version that it really isn't the same thing anymore...

Good ol' Southern Chicken Casserole

1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of mayonaise
1 box of Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice mix (cooked)
1 can of sweet peas
2 cans of Tyson's 98% fat free chicken breast, shredded
salt/pepper
1 cup mozarella cheese

Cook your box of rice and seasonings according to the package. In a large mixing bowl, mix your mushroom soup, mayo, peas, shredded chicken, salt and pepper. When your rice is done, add it to your soup mixture and blend it all together. In a 9 x 13 pan (I use disposable ones sometimes), pour your mixture in and top with the shredded cheese. Bake @ 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until top is golden :)

This is seriously good...like really good...like warm and cozy good. Mollie had a bowl full tonight and she doesn't even have any teeth! I hope you all enjoy and happy Friday eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment