Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Back-Up Plan....

So much for that recipe I posted earlier....I never got to the grocery store and now it's raining and Mollie hasn't had a nap all day and Cole is jumping off the couch and Little Will has to be picked up from school in 15 minutes...you get the idea. So, it's hotdog and chili night and you know what? My family will probably be happier :) My husband hates new recipes anyway, so the old tried and true hotdog dinner will suit him just fine. I do make my hotdog chili from scratch (it's so easy, I feel guilty) and we buy the good Hebrew National hotdogs and the honey wheat buns. Here's my chili recipe that you can literally whip up in less than 5 minutes :)

Hotdog Chili

1 pound of lean ground beef
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 cup ketchup (I kind of eyeball it...just make sure it's nice and tomatoey)

Brown your ground beef in a little pot. Drain off any grease and add in your vinegar and ketchup. Mix all together until it's the right consistency for you. Don't put too much vinegar or it will be too sour...just taste and add more ketchup if you mess up!

That's all you do...now fry, yes fry up those hotdogs (this is the south, baby) and top them with your chili and enjoy! We'll do the chicken casserole another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment