Sunday, September 18, 2011

One Giant Macaroni and Cheese...yes please!

Today I made the biggest macaroni and cheese of my entire life....I can't believe I did it. I'm just not used to making for tons of people but today is a missions lunch at our church and my task was macaroni and cheese...and not just for 4 people. So, here's my GIANT recipe. It's yummy :) It's taken me 12 years of marriage to learn this southern tradition...If you are ever in need of a GIANT macaroni and cheese, just hunt down this ol' blog post and you'll be set!

Macaroni and Cheese for an Army

1 large box of elbow noodles (32 oz)
1 dozen eggs
1 stick of butter
1 large bag (not the regular size) of finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 cups of milk
salt to taste

Boil your noodles in a large stock pot. Once they are done, drain and place in an extra large, greased, disposable alluminum pan (get the one that is for pasta...mine was from Food Lion). In a large mixing bowl, beat your dozen eggs and milk together with a little salt. You can even add a little cheese into the mixture (I did). Chop up your stick of butter into little cubes and place in the egg/milk mixture. Then, pour it all over your noodles. Place more shredded cheddar cheese on top. There should be A LOT of cheese on top. Then, bake @ 425 degrees for 40 minutes.

Now, if you're ever in a jam and need more macaroni and cheese than you think possible to make...use this recipe and be sure to save some for yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment