Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's for dinner tonight...

Today was a crazy day....all day. So, when dinner time came around, yet again, I pulled out this little number. I am so not original, so I have to confess that I got this recipe from none other than the Duggar family on TLC. I saw them make it years ago and thought, "My kids would eat this!" So, tonight is tater tot casserole night. Let me know what ya'll think :)

Mama Duggar's Tater Tot Casserole Recipe (with a little bit of Mama James thrown in)

1 package of frozen tater tots
1 can of evaporated milk
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (I buy the 98% fat free)
1 regular sized bag of finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound of lean ground beef

Brown your ground beef in a large deep pan. Drain off the excess fat and add in your evaporated milk and 2 cans of mushroom soup. Mix together in the pan. Place your tater tots in a greased (I use Bakers spray) 9x13 casserole dish.  Pour your soup and meat mixture over the tater tots. Place the shredded cheese on top. Bake @ 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Then, eat!!!

This is a real simple recipe. My kids love it. I love it...even Maggie, my dog loves it. My husband came home tonight and said he was hoping that I was making it :) That made me smile. Oh yeah, and you'll probably have leftovers and it's better the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment