Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yard Sales...Oh How I Love Thee...

Yesterday was an insane day...I went to Kings Mountain State Park with Little Will's 3rd grade class...super fun and I loved the kids :) I so enjoyed going...beautiful day, great class, great teachers...then, the bomb dropped.

Last night, Cole slammed his finger in a door at our church...a heavy door...a really heavy door. I have never heard that child cry like that and if you know Cole, you know he cries alot (a fly touched me, my ear lobe hurts, somebody scared me...etc.) This was different. He was in real pain. It looked terrible...smushed and swollen. We knew for sure it was broken...fast forward to 2 hours in the ER, xrays and misery and we found out IT'S NOT BROKEN! Yay! Had to be a miracle :) So all you friends that I texted at 9:00 last night...thanks for praying. I love you all :)

So, today we needed a break....like some totally mindless fun. Oh I have an idea...YARD SALES! You know, you have $10 and you get $100 worth of stuff?? Yeah, that's my kind of mindless fun. The neighborhood down the road was having a neighborhood sale, so me and kids loaded up the van, got ourselves a McDonald's biscuit and were on our way. We totally scored...I mean, we really did.

Here's what we got and this should make you a yard sale believer too:

1 Lamaze Octopus baby toy
1 travel baby toy octopus
1 Little People Princess camping set with tin toy pail
3 Star Wars Lego sets...yes, 3 of them for $1 each! Even came with all the parts and directions!!
1 large bag of over 30 Star Wars action figures...oh my Lord, Yoda, Darth Vader...all the gang...my boys were uncontrollable :)
3 Christmas dresses for Mollie
1 Halloween shirt for Mollie bell
1 pair of Gymboree leggings
1 pair of black holiday tights
1 Carters pink jogging suit
1 Gymboree long sleeved body suit
1 Children's Place pink dress
1 white Sunday sweater
1 Old Navy fall long sleeved shirt

Ok, do you believe me? Yard sales can be great. Today was a hit day...sometimes you have a miss day. I spent only $25 dollars...I'm serious. Two of those action figures would have been that price at Walmart. So, my boys are happy...Mollie is happy on her 9 month birthday and I am happy....now, just stop by my house next Saturday when I have my yard sale and I'll probably give you anything you want for free...gotta make room for more junk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment