Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Favorite Songs of All-time

Well, I love favorites...I love it when someone asks me what my favorite (color, song, movie...etc.) is...so, here is my favorite list of pop songs. I have about 100 more that I like but here are my top 10 that I love...what are your favorites??


1. Belief by Gavin Degraw...the best song ever. I love it and it always takes me back to when my son, Cole was born. One of the truly happiest moments of my life...I've seen Gavin Degraw in person and he didn't sing this song, much to my dismay, but it's his best...really.

2. Down to Earth by Justin Bieber...don't laugh...it's really that good. He has a flawless voice and you have to admit, he's just a kid. The lyrics are heartfelt and the melody is so sweet. I love it and it makes me cry.

3. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae...the anthem of girls everywhere, at least in my world :) I love it and it's my little summertime song...can't wait for Mollie to hear it one day.

4. I'm Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado...This song is more than 10 years old but I remember the day I bought the CD at Kmart :) I used to sing it at the top of my lungs way before I had kids. It reminds me of my baby blue Volkswagon Beetle...oh how I loved that car and that song :)

5. Somebody to Love by Queen...I love Freddy Mercury's voice...I remember my grandmother telling me his voice sounded like an angel. She was right.
6. Umbrella by Marie' Digby...yes, it's a cover of Rhianna's song but it's better than the original...I'm serious. Rhianna's version makes me want to dance...this version makes me want to squeeze my babies and cry. I love it.

7. Dream a Little Dream of Me by The Mamas and Papas...I love Mama Cass. What a loss...She had another angelic voice and I like to think that in my dreams I can sing like that :)

8. Soul to Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers...This song made me want to learn to play the bass guitar...it's the reason I bought a bass guitar...a mint green one at that. I listened to this "tape", yes, tape all the way to NY on my senior trip in high school. I never forgot that song. I remember every word that blasted through on my walkman.

9. Fireflies by Owl City...not only do I love the name of this group (I love owls)...I love this song. It's my 4 year old's favorite song in the world. I have a youtube video of him singing it...I was hoping Owl City would see it and give us free tickets to their concert...as of yet, he hasn't been discovered but I'm holding out hope...the best electronically created song ever

10. Somewhere Only We Know by Keane...I found this group a long time ago...before Winnie the Pooh grabbed this song for it's trailer...Keane was the VH1 artist of the month way back in 2005 and I fell in love with this song. Tom Chapin has a fantastic voice and this song makes me want to run through a field and twirl around...well, not really but I love it and even my kids like it :)

Seriously, send me your top ten! I would LOVE it :) Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. Jenna- I must be out of it, b/c I don't even know who half of these groups are!! :) oh well- I'm sure they are great if you like them :)

    ReplyDelete