Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring Makeup Favorites

Hey there!

I'm back!!

Yes, I have been super busy with life the last couple of months and really, I'm still super busy, but I wanted to take a second today to write. I think writing this blog helps me, in some sort of way :) Kind of like an online diary, without the lock and key!

Today is the first day of May, it's 90 degrees and there are only 21 more days of school left! Yay! This has been a great year for my boys in school, but I'm so ready for a break. You know, no alarm clocks, no rushing out at 7:15, no agendas, no tests...you get the idea. Everyone needs a break and our's is coming up soon. I can't wait :)

Something that is a little passion of mine is....makeup :) I have always secretly wished I could be a makeup artist one day. I doubt I'll ever go to school for that career, but I think it's so fun to learn and try new things with makeup. I was never taught a thing about makeup growing up (Mollie, I promise I will teach you), so I've learned most everything I know from books and youtube videos. Yes, you can find EVERYTHING on youtube, even how to apply eyeliner and which bronzer is the best. My favorite videos are haul videos, you know, when someone goes shopping and they come home and tell about everything they got :) I get so many ideas from those videos. You kind of get to see what stuff is good and sometimes, what is junk!

So, here's my mini-haul blog post for today...it's my first one!

All of these products were purchased at CVS...so they are budget friendly too :)

1. Suave Everlasting Sunshine Shampoo....I watched a review on this shampoo last week from my favorite beauty blogger, Emily Eddington, or the Beauty Broadcast. She is great and raved about the smell of this shampoo. It totally lives up to the praise. This stuff smells AMAZING! Kind of like a tropical, vanilla, banana smoothie :) Yum! I love Suave products anyway, so this one was at the top of my list to try. I got the last 2 bottles in Lake Wylie :)

2. Wet n' Wild Eye Trio in Silent Treatment...I love this because it's easy and even has labels on where to put the different shades! Yay for me! I am hoping this little set inspires a smokey eye sometime soon :)

3. Wet n' Wild Mega Glo Bronzer in Starlight Bronze...I love this product! It's so pretty on and you can use the shades individually or all together. I did mine altogether and loved it. Then, I dropped it in the sink and it shattered...Ha! That's Murphy's law. Oh well...I'll purchase this again sometime soon. It was pretty while it lasted :)

4. Wet n' Wild Megalast nail color in Wet Cement....love this shade, love the extra wide brush, love the megalast line...much thicker than the .99 Wet n' Wild shades. This one was $1.99 and the extra dollar was worth it :) It dried faster and has a really pretty finish. I'll be trying more of these soon.

5. Wet n' Wild Shine nail color in French White Creme...only .99 and a really pretty non-sparkly white, kind of thin but 3 coats will make it look just about like the Megalast colors. I love a pretty white for an accent nail and it's great to find one that cheap :)

6. Wet n' Wild Shine nail color in Tickled Pink...also only .99 and a really pretty non-sparkly baby pink, I'm wearing it today on my ring fingers with the Wet Cement color on the other nails...very cute :) also kind of thin but 3 coats worked....took a little longer to dry than the Megalast shade.

Ok, that was my mini-drugstore haul :) I hope it inspires you to paint your toes and wear a smokey eye to the elementary school :)

Until the next blog....Happy May!!

1 comment: