Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer's end and new beginnings...

Well, like a flash, summer came and went. It was a good summer but honestly, it seemed like a blur from start to finish. We had great times as a family and I wouldn't trade our little beach trip in June for anything. We went to our neighborhood pool...A LOT and went to Discovery Place, Chuck E. Cheese, Baxter's Bunch and lots of other places. But as fast as the summer came, it was over. I think we were all ready, though, to be honest. I think the boys were ready for new beginnings and new friends. I think Mollie was ready to get a decent nap and kiss the pool goodbye :) Overall, we had fun. We spent time together and made memories I'll cherish forever.

So, onto those new beginnings...my baby boy, yes, my 9 and a half year old baby boy started 4th grade this past week. I truly still can't believe it. I'm so happy for him and all he's accomplished these last few years, but I really, really can't believe my little buddy, my little chunky baby has turned into a 4th grader. He's very excited about his new class and new teachers and that makes it so much easier for me. But honestly, I just remember cuddling with him not so long ago and it kind of makes me sad....
 
 
Next, my sweet "middle" baby (I hate referring to him as the middle child), Cole, started kindergarten. Now, this was pretty tough...Cole is my little angel. He was my gift from God when my Nanni passed away. He almost didn't make it to this earth but when he did, he was the most beautiful and unique baby I had ever seen. I will never forget his laidback nature as a baby and his ginormous eyes. That same child is now beboppin' into a great big elementary school, with a big orange backpack on his back. I cried the first day...I cried the first night. I missed him really bad but I know this is life...this is growing up...this is what he needs. He is making friends already and loves his new teacher's pet rabbit. All in all, a big accomplishment for my baby boy. I am proud :)
 
 
Lastly, Mollie...oh Mollie, where do we start?  Mollie is 19 months old and is our princess. Our perfect, beautiful princess :) Is she spoiled?? Um, probably...but just like her brothers :) She's still obsessed with mermaids, which are her favorite things in the whole world. She talks and babbles all the time and walks on her tip toes all day. She loves "Juicy" to drink and has to have her "Pa pa" (pacifier) all day. She sleeps with 2 mermaids and 3 blankets. She loves Hap Palmer baby songs and can count to 3. She's my joy and my best friend. I didn't know what I was missing before she came along...oh I'm so glad I was curious ;)
 
So, that's an update on our little ones...August is here and fall is so close, I can taste it. We are ready for more adventures and more memories, just around the corner :) Are you ready for some pumpkin pie?? I am...almost :) 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment