Monday, December 31, 2012

2012...Goodbye

Well, it's the last day of 2012. What a year. What a completely crazy and hard year. I am very happy to see the calendar turn to 2013....but even though it was a very difficult year for us, there were some very good days. Those days usually revolved around our three sweet children. I'm so glad I have them. I am so glad they were the bright spot. I am also very glad to start a new year with the 3 sweetest children on the planet. I can't wait :)

Here are some of the highlights of 2012...

*My oldest son turned 10, my baby boy turned 5 and my baby girl turned 1...wow, can you say time flies? I was in shock that my little tiny babies had those huge milestones in 2012. In many ways, their little lives have been a blur...you know, time just goes so fast, life spins by...it never stops. I pray for many, many more birthdays to share with my most precious gifts on earth.

*I went on a completely wonderful and perfect 13th anniversary concert date with Will...We saw Andy Grammar, Gavin Degraw and Colbie Callait. We were on the very front row. It was perfect. We ate at Chili's and took tons of pictures and just had a wonderful time...quite possibly the best date ever. I am on a mission to recreate that night again someday :)

*We had a wonderful beach trip to Oak Island in June...perfect weather, lots of sun, lots of smiles. I was in heaven. We ate wonderful food and I had the best crabcakes ever on a bun. The boys loved the sand and waves and Mollie got her first "Mermee" doll. Those memories have gotten me through a lot this year. I will never forget those perfect days.

*Will changed jobs this year...not exactly the high point of 2012...it was a hard, sad road but we made it through. It was the probably the hardest thing, besides losing Nanni and Papaw that I have ever been through. It was lonely and excruciating. If you have ever been through a job loss, then you know what I mean. I couldn't sleep and could barely eat (but still put on 10 pounds). I cried until there were no tears. After 2 months of agony, Will ended up getting a new job and I know God has us right in the palm of his hand. I look forward to seeing what 2013 has in store for our family and what doors will open next :)

*We found a new church. Sometimes, you just know it's time. This was one of those times. It happened the last Sunday before Christmas...kind of like a Christmas present from God, sent directly to the James family. I am very thankful.

2012 was the hardest year of my life. I look forward to a new chapter and a new day. I know God isn't finished with us yet and there are wonderful days ahead. Tomorrow starts that journey...2013, I'm ready for you.

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment